My very good friend, and next door neighbor, asked me if I would make her a spring wreath for her front door. Of course, I said yes! I am currently reusing a wreath that I made last year, so it was fun to create something new for her. They just so happen to be an “L” family too!
This picture was taken with the wreath on my front door before I delivered it to her. My friend’s door is a dark brown, so the pink looks really pretty off of it. I’m pretty sure her door is soon to be painted though, so I will keep you posted on the color she chooses! I know how people love a painted front door!
I went to Hobby Lobby one morning to try and get inspired. I found this fun chevron/burlap ribbon and thought it would be easy to wrap around a straw wreath form. They also had lime green, grey/blue, and yellow chevron. Simply start wrapping, overlapping a little with each wrap. This will secure it enough that you won’t even need to use anything else to secure it. I used a dab of hot glue at the end of the ribbon. I used 1.5 rolls of ribbon for an 18” wreath form.
Undecided on what to embellish it with, I searched through my craft stash at home. I found a wooden “L” and a sheet of moss from old projects and thought that would be the perfect combo. When you use a sheet of flat moss, you can simply trace the letter onto the moss, cut, and adhere with some hot glue around the edges. Done in no time! Moss is also very forgiving, so if you need to fill in a little space, add some hot glue and press it down. You will never see where you have filled it in.
After wrapping the wreath form, and getting the “L” made, it was time to assemble. I decided to hang the wreath by a large, burlap bow. You can purchase large rolls of burlap (that is soft and easy to tie) at Michael’s for cheap (with coupon, of course!).
It was clear that the “L” needed to be secured to the wreath because it was a little smaller than the diameter of the wreath (and kept falling out). I grabbed some brown raffia and looped it through a staple that was already on the back of the letter. I then weaved and tied it up through the burlap bow. You can see the raffia peeking through a little bit, but the “L” is secured, which is what we needed.
I love how it turned out and it looks so cute from the street!
Linking up with: