Lately, Kate is wearing fewer and fewer bows (much to my dismay), and more and more headbands. I needed some storage for the growing collection! There are several tutorials and versions of this on Pinterest, and it really is such an easy project. Best part…this project cost me $0, because I already had everything on hand!
These are the supplies I used: Mod Podge, fabric, empty oatmeal container, hot glue, and spray paint (for the lid). Start off my wiping out the inside of the oatmeal container and ripping off the label.
I used a piece of left over chevron fabric from my stash that was the perfect size (although the pattern is turned on its side). You just want enough fabric to cover the cylinder with a little extra on each side to glue on the inside of the container.
I used the Mod Podge as a glue. Put a thin layer on the container and smooth down the fabric until it starts to adhere. Work in small sections to make sure you fabric is even on both sides.
When you get to the end, tuck the extra fabric under and hot glue (sort of like wrapping a gift).
Once the base is done, you will want to hot glue the extra fabric to the top and bottom of the container.
This is what it looks like once the fabric is adhered to the container.
Now, you will want to take your Mod Podge and apply a thin layer over the fabric. This sets it and gives it a hard coating. Don’t worry, it will dry clear.
Let this sit overnight and it will be ready for use in the morning! You could also use the inside of the container for storage.
I decided to go ahead and spray paint the lid of the oatmeal container too.
One of these days I will get around to embellishing the plain headbands, but for now, she can wear these and a winter hat, so it works for me! I love the extra pattern and color it will add to her bedroom too!
Linking up with: