1. He only takes showers. Bath time is a thing of the past.
2. He is starting to tell me that certain things he used to like are “babyish”.
3. Some days, he requests not one, but two PB&J’s.
4. He is currently watching all of the Star Wars movies with daddy. Daddy was a super fan, and now we have another on our hands.
5. I bought him a pair of size 7 pants the other day.
6. When I picked him up from preschool today, he said, “I can’t wait to go to Kindergarten so I can learn math.”
7. He wants to save his money to buy something more expensive later on.
8. With his infinite imagination, he builds amazing little things with Legos.
9. He learned how to ride a bike with no training wheels, mastered the monkey bars at school, and learned how do a cartwheel in a two month span.
10. He has empathy for others, and has a mature kindness about him.
And although we have our “days”, I absolutely love this age…the age of independence and innocence all wrapped into one little package. I need to document moments like this. I don’t want to forget all these things when he is towering over me and wanting to date girls!
My sister and her kids are coming tomorrow for a long weekend, so I will check back in with you all next week! Have a great weekend!